Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reporting In!

Welcome, to whomever has been fortunate to stumble across this blog!

What you can expect to find here over the next several days are updates, interviews, images and other details about the 2009 Vancouver Global Game Jam, hosted by the International Game Developers Associational. Participants from all over the Lower Mainland will be participating, and I'll be bringing you live updates about the event.

The name is Cody Church. I'm a 5th year student at Simon Fraser University studying game design at the School for Interactive Arts and Technology. I've been working closely with one of the coordinators, Prof. Magy Seif El-Nasr, and have been brought into the Game Jam as a student observer for the event. I'll be live on site snapping photos, giving interviews, and documenting the competition as events play out.

So! Thank you for your interest in following this event, and I'll do my best to provide timely and tantalizing posts!